Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick Updates

So I realize that I have gotten almost hopelessly behind on my blog posting, but I am unwilling to give up. I will catch up.

The past three weeks have been a flurry of activity. After spending (probably) too much time in Bangkok, I went to Chiang Mai, where I was able to play with young, but still very big, tigers, and spend a day riding an elephant and white water rafting. In Chiang Rai, we took a day to relax and then rented scooters to see the Golden Triangle area. It was a great experience, until I fell off and got the biggest bruise I have ever had in my life. From there, we crossed into Laos at Houayxai, a small border crossing. However, we were able to book The Gibbon Experience, which was probably the best, or at least most exhilirating, thing I have done in my life. From there, we took a slowboat down to Luang Phabang, a great French-influenced city in the center of northern Laos. Mike, Sam, Paul, and I actually all went our separate ways, wanting to see different places at that point. I headed to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. Normally I take a decent number of pictures, but I took 181 pictures in two days at Angkor. It is the most fascinating place I have ever been, and I thought it was a very relaxing and spiritual experience.

I am now writing from Bangkok, on an in-between day before I head south. Krabi, Ko Phi Phi, and a few other spots are on the agenda for the next two weeks. I hope to get some snorkling, scuba diving, and sea kayaking in before I finally leave Southeast Asia. My flight is on 3/22 from Bangkok to Dubai, where I will stay with Orna for a few days, and then a stop in New York to see my cousin Chris, his wife Llubav, and their new baby, Mikus. Finally, I will arrive home 3/28 at 10:51 am.

The trip thus far has been absolutely amazing, which is one of the reasons that I have not had time to write about it. My camera has also decided to stop letting me upload pictures to my computer, so I had to buy a new memory card. Hopefully I will be able to get them once I get home. But more importantly, I have always been on the move or doing something fun, especially since leaving India. With the stops that I have left, I feel like I will have a fully complete trip, and I will be able to go home rejuvenated and ready to attack the world. After three months of living out of a suitcase and seeing nobody besides backpackers and natives, I am excited to get home and see my friends. Oh yea, and then there is that CFA thing...

3 comments:

  1. When are you coming home? I thought it was early March? Guess not.

    What is CFA????

    Miss you......

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is not aubrey...it is aunt mary anne...sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you updated the blog a bit. (I love vicarious travel.) Amazing pictures! I wanted to hear your voice with descriptions and details. With all the excitement of travel to exotic places, there is bound to be some adjustment to coming home. Are you planning some time to decompress? Chris may have some advice about that. Miss you. See you soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete